Macquarie University – Mahidol University
Seed Grant 2023
Updated! Application Process:
30th January 2023 – Call for proposals opens
31st March 2023 – Submission closing date for proposals
31st May 2023 – Announcement of outcomes (*updated)
June 2023 – Research agreement signing (*updated)
1st July 2023 – Project commencement (*updated)
- Support collaboration which leads to excellent research by teams comprising academics from both institutions
- Enhance the scale and focus of research in areas of mutual interest
- Promote engagement at all academic levels through the diverse composition of research teams
- Lead to international research training opportunities for promising doctoral candidates in the cotutelle PhD Program
- Establish a basis for further research collaboration funded by sources external to both institutions
- Support the development of long-term strategic research alliances between the two universities
- Encourage academics for research visits between the two universities
- Two projects
- Funding AUD$10,000 to each project
- Each project proposal will have a Co-Principal investigator from MQ and Mahidol
- A faculty member can participate on as a team member with no limit to the number of applications.
- Applicants to the 2022 funding round (first funding round) are able to submit a new project application.
- Previous seed grant holders may submit a proposal to a subsequent round, but priority might be given to proposals that are submitted by new Principal Investigators.